Aspen Snowflakes Christmas Card

When I was a child living in Dallas, Texas, I loved the rare occasions when it snowed. I remember standing on my tippy toes, fully extending all of my short three feet stature so my eyes could barely reach the windowsill, and staring wide-eyed at the gently falling flakes. The dreary lifeless ground slowly replaced with soft powdery snow, magically transforming my front yard into a winter white wonderland.

For my second design, Aspen Snowflakes Christmas Card, I took this nostalgic snowflake icon and made it my muse. This design fits 4 x 6 inch (or 3.5 x 5 inch) photos for both portrait and landscape orientations. The borders are created using Martha Stewart 'Punch Around The Page' Aspen Punch Combo. Though, straight edges will also work. Vellum and ribbon add the finishing touches to the design.

(Note: Please cast your vote for either Christmas Leaflet Photo Card or Aspen Snowflakes Christmas Card beginning November 24-30, 2010. The instructions and template for the winning design will be available starting December 1, 2010.)

One icon, countless designs.

This is the version I will provide detailed instructions on how to recreate.

Vellum and ribbon add the finishing touches.

Everything is in the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment